TCCS Parents Association
Welcome! If you are the parent or guardian of a student enrolled at TCCS, you are automatically part of our Parent Association, and we value your involvement and input.
The objectives of the TCCS Parent Association (PA) are to provide support and resources to the school for the benefit and educational growth of the children; to develop a cooperative working relationship between the parents and the staff of our school; to develop parent leadership and build capacity for greater involvement; to foster and encourage parent participation on all levels; and to provide opportunities and training for parents to participate in school governance and decision-making.
Every year, the PA sponsors family events, raises funds for student enrichment, and gives the parent body a voice in school matters. This happens because so many parents give generously of their time, talents, and resources. If you would like to become more involved in event planning, fundraising and in many other areas, please see our committees list.
SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE: This year, the PA granted funds to the school to purchase school supplies for each classroom — saving every family lots of money (over $400 per child)! Now we are asking that families contribute $50 per child towards a goal of $9000. See details here. Thank you!
All parents are encouraged to attend our monthly meeting, held on the third Tuesday of the month in the TCCS cafeteria. Occasional changes are made to accommodate holidays. We alternate between morning (8:35 after drop off) and evening (5:45 p.m.) time slots to accommodate as many schedules as possible.
Here’s the schedule for the rest of the year:
- Tuesday, November 15th at 5:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 20th at 8:35 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 17th at 5:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 28th at 8:35 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 21st at 5:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 25th at 8:35 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 16th at 5:45 p.m. ELECTION NIGHT
- Tuesday, June 20th at 8:35 a.m.
The PA sponsors and produces events throughout the year. These events happen because parents had the idea and made it happen — and now they are tradition. To get in on the planning, contact the PA Board! Events include:
- November: Giving Thanks Social and Food Drive – a morning feast and food collection for the entire school community
- January: WinterFest – a performance and party for all
- May: Parent Social and Auction – a great party with great deals to bid on
- May: Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week – a time to show our appreciation for our amazing staff
- June: Spring Fling – our annual street fair on 127th Street
Each year, the PA raises money through a variety of fundraisers. Be in touch if you have an idea to pursue or would like to work with our grants committee! Currently, we raise money through the sale of school pictures, Square 1 Art, the Parent Social and Silent Auction, Schoola clothing sales, and our annual dues drive. We also have several ongoing fundraisers (see below).
The PA fund supports a variety of programs at TCCS. In the past we have supplemented the school’s resources and helped to buy supplies, books and other instructional materials. The PA also supports family events, in-school performances by visiting artists, instrument rentals, and gardening programs.
Spending proposals are coordinated with the principal to support the curriculum and school needs, and parents are welcome to submit proposals for the budget as well. Budget proposals are voted on at the May PA meeting.
Parent Association related question
To join our parent email list, please use the above form and include your child’s name, grade and teacher. Once verified, we will add you to our list!
Your 2017-2018 Parent Association Executive Board
The PA Executive Board is comprised of at least three members: President, Secretary, and Treasurer. There can be two co-presidents, and two co-secretaries, but only one treasurer. Terms are for one academic year, and run from July 1st through June 30th of the following year. Elections are held in May each year.
Our fundraising goals
PA’s Dues Drive
Thanks for your support!
Thanks to everyone who participated and donated!
- Amazon School Rewards Link: Click here: TCCS School rewards program to shop on Amazon and earn money for the PA!
- School Uniform Rewards Link:
Click & Shop French Toast, our school code is QS5LVRJ (PA receives 5% rebate on all purchases)
Click & Shop Land’s End (PA receives up to 3% back)
- Schoola: You can donate your kids & women’s gently used named brand clothing and earn money for the PA! Click & Shop HERE
- Book Culture Give Back Program: Two locations: 112th just east of Broadway and 114th St. and Broadway. Just say: “I am shopping for Teachers College Community School,” or online at: www.bookculturekids.com by entering this code: GB-TCCS. We get 15% of any purchase.
- Shop Square 1 Art any time of the year! Use your previous login or contact Square 1 for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring in Box Tops year round! Glue to a sheet of paper and drop them into the PA lockbox in the MPR.